FOREIGN STUDENTS: We are unable to accommodate foreign students due to government restrictions. We cannot assist in Student Visa applications, work permits and in finding accommodation.
- Please review our refund policy (PDF).
- After completion of all five GEM 100 – level courses the student will receive the “Fine Jewellery Expert (C.I.G.)” wall certificate.
- Students can start their course work at any time. Individual courses must be completed within 12 months; students may apply for extensions but may have to pay additional fees for new text-books and study materials if necessary.
- Students with learning disabilities (such as dyslexia) may need a professional tutor and should consult their medical practitioner before registering.
- The passing mark for all written exams is 65%, for practical exams 100%. All examination fees are included in the tuition (unless indicated otherwise). The administrative fee for a second written exam is $ 100 and for a practical exam $ 200. Students may attempt to re-write a failed exam two times after paying the required fee within 6 months (after a waiting period of 1 month).
- In the Gem Identification course an organic liquid (methylene iodide) saturated with sulfur is being used in conjunction with the refractometer. The school cannot assume any liability for any allergic or medical reactions a student may experience from its use. Please consult your health practitioner.