- Myanmar, Thailand, Cambodia Gem Travel (December 2012)
- Search for Jadeite in Guatemala – Past and Present (November 2010)
- A trip to the Angel Falls in Venezuela – Gold and Diamonds
- Study Tours to South America from 2002 – 2007
- China Tour, July 20 – August 2, 2006
- Australian GemSafari 2006 and Sydney, May 19 – 21, 2006 – GAA National Conference
- Picture Gallery of visit to the Emerald Mines in Muzo, Colombia 2005
- Picture Gallery of South America Study Tour 2002 – Peru and Brazil
- Visit to a Pearl Farm in Guaymas, Mexico
- Picture Gallery of South America Study Tour Peru and Brazil, GemFesta 2001
- APEC Gems & Jewelry Trade and Technology Seminar, May 15-19, 2000 Beijing, China
- Picture Gallery of Brazil Gem Study Tour April 1999
- Picture Gallery of Brazil X GemFesta, Teofilo Otoni, July 22 – 25, 1998
Past C.I.G. Student Exchanges
In close cooperation with our European Partner Schools and other international organisations C.I.G. students who have started or completed the A.G. diploma program were able to participate in the following events abroad.
Athens, Greece from May 15 – 20, 2004
The Canadian Institute of Gemmolgy is a “Membre Observateur” at the European Parliament of Jewellery Schools (PLE). The 12th meeting will be held in the Olympic Cities of 2004, Athens and Dephi.
View/Download PLE February 2004 Newsletter
Each of the 35 member schools may bring up to 4 participants (2 students and 2 teachers) to the meetings. This is an excellent opportunity for C.I.G. students to meet students from other European countries. A number of excursions including visits to jewellery factories and design studios are planned. Students must pay for their own air-travel; all other expenses will be covered by the hosts. The 2005 Meeting will be held in Larnaka, Cyprus.
The 11th meeting was held in Antwerp, Belgium, from May 24 – 28, 2003.
- View/Download schedule and program
- View/Download View/Download PLE poster
The 2002 annual meeting took place from May 4 – 9 in Porto, Portugal and was hosted by ESCOLA SECUNDARIA SOARES DOS REIS.
The year 2000 meeting was organized by the Escuela Internacional de Joyeria, Madrid in Spain; the 1999 meeting was hosted by the Meisterschule fuer Handwerker in Kaiserslautern, Germany and the 1998 meeting was held at the Vakschool Edelsmeden in Amsterdam.
The 1997 PLE meeting was held in Lisbon, Portugal and was a great success for both students and staff.
Gem Study Tour to Brazil – August 10 – 24, 2005
- View/Download 2004 brochure
This exciting tour is being organized by the Canadian Institute of Gemmology for its own students and participants of the European Parliament of Jewellery Schools.
The itinerary of the 2005 Brazil Gem Tour will include Sao Paulo, Belo Horizonte and other cities in the state of Minas Gerais. Visits to several gem mines and participation at largest jewellery fair FENINJER in Sao Paulo, the Gem Fiesta 2005 in Teofilo Otoni and ALJOYAS in Limeira are part of the program. These events are being sponsored by several Brazilian industry groups; participants will be housed in clean budget hotels. The land cost of the 12-day tour will be US$ 2,000.
The 1997 tour to Belo Horizonte was an unforgettable experience for all participants. The sound of Brazilian music ist still in our ears and the mineiro food is the best in the world!
Limited space: If you are interested in any of the above programs a deposit of US$ 795 is required by March 31, 2005. The available spaces will be distributed in the following order: A.G. diploma holders in good standing, students in the A.G. diploma program, present C.I.G. students and members of the Gem Connoisseur Club. The deposit is fully refundable until 2 months prior to the departure date or if the tour is cancelled. Air transportation, visas, etc. are the responsibility of each participant. The C.I.G. is an agent for companies organizing the educational portion of each tour.