The following customers have chosen not to pay ordered items due to NSF cheques, providing incorrect or fraudulent credit card or bank wire information, etc.; we have contacted these customers several times and asked them to correct the situation or provide an explanation. Please contact us immediately if you are offered any of the following GL Gem Spectrometers for sale. Thank you.
We will remove the names immediately if the names have been used in a fraudulent manner; please contact us.
April 13, 2023: GL Gem Spectrometer serial # 2022355
Buyer: Thomas Acland, Angel Cottage, 6 Golden Terrace, Dawlish, Devon, United Kingdom, EX79LB, Tel: +44 7784212207, E-mail: email@example.com
The Barclays Bank A/C wire request
The invoice remains unpaid. The package was delivered April 28, 2023 and signed by T ACLAND; reference FedEx Tracking 771927136555
October 11, 2022: GL Gem Spectrometer serial # 2022341
Buyer: Diego Ferreira, Brazilian Stone Group LCC, 3500 Mystic Pointe Drive, Apt 706, Tower 400, Aventura, Florida 33180, USA, Tel: 1–954-496-2250, +5541997979191, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Client submitted Bank of America wire document which was rejected by intermediary bank. The invoice remains unpaid. FedEx Tracking 770226180115
August 3, 2022: GL Gem Spectrometer serial # 2022337
Client claims that he did not receive spectrometer. FedEx started investigation with the result that package was delivered to the correct address and signed. FedEx Tracking 777593255492
June 29, 2018: GL Gem Spectrometer serial # 2018247
GL Gem Spectrometer serial # 2018247 has been ordered on April 19, 2018 and delivered to Peter XXXXX XXXXX (email@example.com), 995 Boul Jules-Poitras App XXXXX, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H4N 3M2, Tel 438-538-XXXXXX
If this spectrometer is offered for sale please contact us immediately.
July 17, 2018
Letter from Sylvain Lepine, Manager, Desjardins Card Services (www.desjardins.com/cards):
Subject: Response to your claim for reimbursement
Dear Sir or Madam:
We have received your request for reimbursement in the amount of $2600.00 debited on June 29, 2018 for the following reason:
– The cardholder does not recognize the transaction
We regret to inform you that we cannot approve your request because the documentation provided did not help the customer recognize the nature of the charge.
We trust you understand the reasons for our refusal, which are based on the facts of the case and the payment services agreement.
If you require further information, please contact us at 514-397-4450 or toll-free at 1-888-285-0015 for additional information.
July 17, 2018
Our response to Sylvain Lepine, Manager, Desjardins Card Services (www.desjardins.com/cards):
I am writing in response to your letter dated June 29, 2018 and the phone call I had with one of your agents today at 11:00 a.m.
I am asking you to address the following concerns:
- Why was the amount of $ 2,600.00 debited from our account almost 3 months after the transaction occurred without any notice and explanation?
- From the submitted documents mailed to you on July 17, 2018 it can be seen that the ordered item was delivered to the named person and provided shipping address with delivery receipt signed by the same purchaser. Please indicate whether the purchaser used a stolen or fraudulently obtained card: provide us with name of cardholder and billing address.
- The order was filled in good faith after obtaining the proper authorization from Desjardins Card Services.
- Since this is an urgent matter we request immediate reversal and issue of credit of $ 2,600 to our account by July 24, 2018 5 p.m.
- If we do not hear from you we will terminate our account with you and commence action before the Small Claims Court against you for the considerable delay and negligence and the purchaser who fraudulently obtained merchandise from us.
- As per company policy we report delinquent customers on our website https://www.cigem.ca/store (at bottom) and will provide details about any legal proceedings; this will include the dispute we may have with a merchant bank. This is to prevent the resale of our spectrometers which have been stolen or fraudulently obtained.
- We also will inform our insurance company and report the theft to the police.
P.S. No response received by July 24, 2018 5 p.m.
July 27, 2018
We closed C.I.G.’s merchant account with Desjardins. We cannot work with banks who condone credit card fraud and do not support their merchants. Desjardins has collected thousands of dollars from our credit card sales.
We also reported the fraud to the RCMP and their CAFC Fraud Reporting System.
August 14, 2018
Small Claims Action has been filed with Civil Resolution Tribunal (PDF)
March 20, 2019
The Civil Resolution Tribunal (CRT) has made a final decision in Dispute Number SC-2018-005808. A copy of the decision is attached (PDF)
As expected over 95% of credit card disputes are won by the merchant bank and/or their clients. We as merchants have no protection for fraud, misrepresentation, etc despite excessive credit card transaction fees; as a consequence we do no longer accept credit cards for higher priced items. We have cancelled our agreement with Desjardins Card Services and have already recovered the amount lost through this fraud in savings for fees and merchant deductions since June 2018; this includes the $ 300 service charge Desjardins imposes when the service agreement is ended.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]