Tuition in Can$ plus 5% GST for Canadian residents
For non-residents US$ 950 includes non-refundable registration fee of US$ 100 plus taxes; please request pro-forma invoice at checkout. * Foreign students must enter Canada on a visitor's visa.
GEM 210 DIAMOND GRADING: Theoretical and Practical Grading Course
This course is an up-date course for A.G. (C.I.G.) diploma holders and graduates of other schools and institutes.
- Course Type: Combination of correspondence course and weekend/during week (2 1/2 days) workshop. DIAMOND GRADING certificate after written and practical exam.
- Prerequisite: A.G. (C.I.G.) diploma or equivalent (please contact us)
- Fee: $ 995 includes home study lessons (must be completed prior to workshop), grading projects with actual diamonds, study materials and exam fee (no HST) but does not include the textbook “Diamond Grading ABC: Handbook of Diamond Grading” by Pagel Theisen, 2007 (price $ 90)
GEM 210 - 6 (practical workshop): Wed - Thur, May 10 - 11, 2017 10.00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and Friday, May 12, 10:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- GEM 210 - 5 (practical workshop): Wed - Thur, November 7 - 9, 2016 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and Friday, November 11 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Register by September 15, 2017.
- Sandman Signature Hotel – Vancouver Airport, Richmond B.C.
- To keep costs down no lunch or beverage services are offered, lunch break 12:30 – 1:15 p.m.
Prerequisites: A.G. (C.I.G.) diploma or equivalent (please contact us)
In ten (10) assignments you learn the basic knowledge to buy, sell and evaluate diamonds effectively. In five (5) practical sessions you grade diamonds for clarity, colour and cut (according to GIA and European (CIBJO) grading standards) including performance and device based approaches such as AGS (American Gem Society) ASET, Hearts & Arrows (Ideal Scope), Cut Advisor and others. Special procedures for assessing the quality of mounted diamonds will be shown. Course Content: 1. Introduction to Diamond Grading 2. Determination of Colour Grades 3. Clarity Nomenclature and Grading 4. Cut and Proportions 5. Evaluation of Colour, Clarity and Cut 6. Diamond Grading Procedure 7. Representation of external and internal features 8. Practical Grading of Clarity, Colour and Cut 9.Proportionscope and Fancy Cuts 10. Grading Tools, Recutting, Diamond Imitations, HPHT Treatments, Synthetic Diamonds
IMPORTANT: The practical grading workshop must be taken during a C.I.G. scheduled class. Diamonds cannot be mailed out.
View/Download and read carefully our refund policy (PDF).
NEW for 2016/17 We have combined GEM 130 Diamonds and GEM 140 Jewellery, History and Design into a new comprehensive correspondence course. GEM 130 DIAMONDS Students will learn everything they need...
Out of Stock
Verena Pagel-Theisen, Hardcover, 2007, 322pp This book is a handy reference for diamond grading. In this revised, enlarged, and updated (9th) edition, the author has included in-depth information a...
Prices in Can$ Regular price US$ 1,695 - €uro 1.585 Mid-market rates: 2017-02-02 This is the upgraded 2017 model with new motherboard and “Point & Shoot” software. Now with integrated...
Prices in CAN$ for new 2017 model; please request pro-forma invoice. Regular base price: US$ 9,995 - €uro 9.345 Mid-market rates: 2017-02-02 The GL Gem Raman PL532TM is an advanced gem testing i...