This upgrade may be of interest to users of the GL Gem Spectrometer models 2012 - 2015/16 (software version 2.xx).
US$ 530 - €uro 500 Mid-market rates: 2017-02-22
The GL Gem Spectrometer 2017 model has a new motherboard with “Point & Shoot” software and integrated fast search spectral library of over 180 gem references.
Your upgraded spectrometer will have the following features:
- new motherboard with 500:1 signal/noise ratio and fast averaging
- diffraction sorting filter to eliminate second order effects when used with UV excitation and laser sources.
- new detector: Toshiba TCD1304DG linear array – 3648 Pixel
- real-time “Point & Shoot” software GLGemSpec version 3.3
- USB stick with instructional package and sample data-base
For upgrade you must send us your spectrometer without light holder and USB cable; after purchase we will provide you with shipping instructions. North America and EC (European Community) only; other countries please contact us.
We recommend using FedEx Economy or the Postal Service of your country; clearly mark "RETURN FOR REPAIR ($ 5 commercial value)" and include brokerage service in the shipping fee. It may be necessary to purchase additional insurance if your household/business insurance does not cover for loss. Turnaround time is between 2 - 3 weeks.
Goods entering Canada must clear customs and taxes have to be paid on the declared value. It is almost impossible to collect the fees back when the item is returned to you. In some cases with Ground Service for UPS and FedEx brokerage fees exceeding $ 100 are being charged.
The upgrade price includes FREE RETURN SHIPPING to North America and EC (European Community).