Prices in CAN$ for 2018 model; please request pro-forma invoice.
SPECIAL ORDER ONLY (this product is currently not available)
Regular base price (FOB Vancouver, B.C., CANADA): US$ 10,995 - €uro 9.690 Mid-market rates: 2018-12-01
The GL Gem Raman PL532TM is an advanced gem testing instrument for gem technologists, experienced jewellery appraisers, gem dealers, mineral collectors, researchers in geoscience applications and laboratory personnel; it is also an excellent educational tool.
The GL Gem Raman quickly can tell the difference between diamond, cubic zirconia, glass and zircon, distinguish natural from polymer treated jadeite and from nephrite, separate real from faux pearls, tell whether it is ivory or plastic; it works great on beads, carvings, gem materials set in jewellery and rough minerals (no preparation necessary). It is very efficient in detecting treatments such as irradiation, HPHT and other colour enhancements in gemstones; it will help in the determination of the nature of diamonds, gemstones and can identify over 3,500 minerals (rough and polished samples).
The detection of the SiV– optical center at 737 nm is commonly seen in CVD grown synthetic diamonds but appears to be unstable. Taidiam, IIa company and Apollo/SCIO may show 737 nm line (including very few natural diamonds), Element 6, Washington and Taidiam (after immersion in Liquid Nitrogen) diamonds have NO 737 nm peak.
Please note: this is an advanced spectrometer which must be operated by a qualified gemmologist and/or spectroscopist.
- EXTENDED Spectral range: 130 – 5,500 cm-1 Resolution ~ 16 cm-1 FWHM; RRUFF range 145 - 1500 cm-1 switchable
- PL Option: 530 - 750 nm (broad scan) is included for PL studies (please note that THIS IS NOT a fluorescence spectrometer)
- Signal-to-noise ratio improved: 500:1, 16 bit A/D resolution; onboard averaging
- Upgraded spectrometer with TE cooled (TEC) 3648 pixel Toshiba TCD1304 linear array. TEC is recommended for minerals with rough surfaces and experimental studies.
- OneFocus Optical System, Spot size: 10 – 15 micron at 20x magnification
- Sample stage adjustment with micrometer screw gauge horizontally
- IMPROVED LASER: fanless, confocal, 532 nm regulated 300 mW, Class 3B/Class 1 with laser safety lock
- Removable GL Gem Raman Band Pass Filter (GLBPF)
- NEW Software (version 3.x): real-time with built-in 3 point calibration feature and integrated fast search spectral library of up to 3,000 references
- Fully secured system (mechanical "laser safety lock") with sampling stage (max. 90 x 90 x 50 mm) covered by observation lid - no need for goggles
- Size: 33 x 33 x 7.6 cm (13 x 13 x 3″) Weight: 8 kg (18 lbs)
- Operational system: Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7/8/10 (32/64 bit) - no additional software installation required
- Fully powered USB compliant port (no driver software required)
- Power supply : 110 – 240 Volts (for laser power supply with US/Canada and Europe plugs) and USB cable connection to computer.
- Recommended room temperature between 15 and 25 C and relative humidity below 80%.
Gemlab Research & Technology is manufacturer and exclusive distributor worldwide; we do not use re-sellers.
- The package comes with a support CD (including video) for proper operation of the GL Gem Raman; a trained gemmologist or mineralogist should be able to follow and execute the step-by-step instructions including the calibration procedure (built into software version 3.x) if necessary.
- GLGemRaman operating software and support materials (including videos) on CD and USB stick (for portability) with single user license. The spectra can be saved and matched with the integrated spectral library of up to 3,000 references or imported into a separate searchable database program with over 3,500 edited references; this database is linked to the large on-line mineralogical RRUFF database for Raman spectra.
- Detailed "How to get started" instructions and access to C.I.G. (Canadian Institute of Gemmology) spectral database of gem study collection. Skype video-conferencing for assistance is also available.
There are already GL Gem Raman users in over 23 countries including Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Czech Republic, Cyprus, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Israel, Kuwait, Moldova, The Netherlands, Oman, Singapore, Slovakia, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, UK, USA, Vanuatu and Vietnam.
The GL Gem Raman PL532 TEC is being used for scientific research in the Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences at the University of St Andrews, Scotland and at The Mineral Technology Center (CETEM) – a research institute of the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (MCTI) in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
|Dank des vollständigen Zubehör-Sets konnten wir sofort starten - das war eine große Erleichterung. Die Inbetriebnahme war ein Kinderspiel und die erzielten Spektren sind aussagekräftig. Nun haben wir schon zahlreiche Messungen gemacht und wir sind sehr zufrieden (!) mit den Ergebnissen. Die Edelstein-Identifizierung ist absolut kein Problem und wird im EPI-Labor sicher eine Standardprozedur für alle Fälle, bei denen auch nur der leiseste Zweifel an der Identität auftritt. Es ist ideal, um winzige Steine in der Fassung zu identifizieren. So wie es aussieht, können wir dank der Unterstützung des GL Gem Raman und der mitgelieferten Datenbanken zukünftig auf aufwändige EDX-Analysen verzichten. Das verkürzt den Arbeitsablauf erheblich.- Bernhard Bruder, Dipl.-Mineraloge, EPI - Institut für Edelsteinprüfung, Ohlsbach, Germany||As all required accessories were included we could start immediately - that was a big relief. Start-up was a breeze and the spectra obtained were convincing. We have already made numerous measurements and we are very satisfied (!) with the results. Gem identification is no problem and in the EPI laboratory it certainly will become a standard procedure for all cases in which even the slightest doubt about the identity exists. It is ideal for tiny stones set in a piece of jewellery. Thanks to the support materials for the GL Gem Raman and the supplied databases we can avoid expensive EDX tests in the future. This will shorten the workflow significantly.- Bernhard Bruder, Dipl.-Mineraloge, EPI - Institut für Edelsteinprüfung, Ohlsbach, Germany|
Purchase and Delivery
The GL Gem Raman PL532 TEC is sold as an OEM unit and must be pre-ordered by making a deposit by certified cheque or direct bank transfer of Can$/US$ 5,000 or 4.000 €uros directly into our bank. All wire transfers must follow FINTRAC Guidelines (will be provided in the pro forma invoice) or they will be rejected. Due to fluctuating currency exchange rates and foreign bank transfer charges shipments to destinations outside of Canada a purchase price of US$ 10,995 will be used in the pro forma invoice; for payment in Can$ or €uros the current exchange rate will be applied.
The balance including shipping costs is due prior to delivery. If item is in stock the full amount of the purchase price has to be paid before the pro forma invoice expires; the unit will be shipped within 3 days of receipt of payment.
We cannot accept payment by credit card for this item.
Delivery time is between 3 - 5 weeks if the item is not in stock. We supply documents such as Commercial Invoice, B13A Export Declaration, inquire about Certificate of Origin services (extra charges); the GL Gem Raman has proper labeling for class 3B laser and safety features which will satisfy FDA or similar requirements.
Shipping/Insurance and handling will be added: US$ 175 within North America (Canada and Continental USA) by DHL
Outside North America a flat rate of US$ 450 (buyer is responsible for brokerage and customs charges) will be added to the purchase price for the following countries: Continental Europe (EC countries) by FedEX or similar couriers.
For all other countries and shipping options please contact us at email@example.com and/or request pro forma invoice at checkout.
Note: The GL Gem Raman PL532 contains a Class 3B Laser device; please inquire about restrictions for the import and use of such a device in your country before ordering. We sell the GL Gem Raman as an OEM device; i.e. the buyer assumes responsibility for the import and operation of the Raman unit. Buyers purchasing on-line or by requesting a pro forma invoice accept our Terms and Conditions of Sale (PDF) and will comply with the safety instructions provided.
Our Warranty and Commitment
The GL Gem Raman is an advanced gem testing instrument for experienced users; a match in the reference data-base is not a 100% guarantee that the sample has been properly identified. The instrument should be used with other testing tools before arriving at a conclusion. If you are not satisfied with the performance of the Raman spectrometer we will accept returns within 21 days but have to charge a restocking fee of 5% to cover our expenses of shipping/handling and recalibration if necessary. The purchaser is also responsible for the shipping and insurance to return the item.
We package the Raman unit very carefully but cannot assume any liability as soon as the unit is out of our hands. If the package shows signs of damage or the GL Gem Raman appears inoperable please contact us and file an insurance claim with the shipper immediately. If it is a serious calibration problem which cannot be fixed by the user we have a procedure in place which should be conducted by an experienced technician; these specialists usually service university and medical laser equipment. The purchaser is responsible to contact this person; presently we have support staff in Germany (for Europe), Canada and the USA.
IMPORTANT: We do not recommend to transport the Raman unit in checked luggage for air travel unless the unit is well protected; as a carry-on item IT MAY NOT BE ALLOWED past most airport security checks due to the class B3 laser in the case.
We will repair and replace your GL Gem Raman if necessary due to defective parts (not as a consequence of physical and/or thermal shock while in a vehicle, boat or an aircraft), etc during the first 12 months (for laser) and 24 months (for other components) unless other consumer protection regulations exist in your country. The customer is responsible for shipping and insurance to Vancouver, Canada. For maintenance services a processing fee of US$ 995 (price may change) will be charged which covers any firmware update, re-alignment and recalibration, etc. and return shipping charges; other repair services upon request. The Raman unit should be operated in a dust-free and low humidity environment. Software updates are always free.
The GL Gem Raman™ PL532 TEC and the GL Gem Raman Band Pass Filter™ (GLBPF) is an exclusive design by Gemlab Research & Technology (a subsidiary of Canadian Institute of Gemmology) and its software is protected by copyright laws; we are the exclusive distributors worldwide and do not use re-sellers.